Are you struggling to get your website to rank higher in search engine results? One important factor to consider is on-page SEO. On-page SEO refers to optimising individual web pages to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
If you're not sure where to start with on-page SEO, don't worry - we've got you covered. Here are 5 on-page SEO factors that you should be including on your website now:
1. Title tags. Title tags are the text that appears in the search engine results page (SERP) as the title of a page. They should be descriptive, concise, and accurately reflect the content of the page.
2. Headings. Headings help to structure your content and make it easier for users and search engines to understand the main points of your page. Use headings (H1, H2, etc.) to break up your content and highlight important points.
3. Meta descriptions. Meta descriptions are short descriptions that appear in the SERP under the title of a page. They should be unique and accurately reflect the content of the page.
4. Internal linking. Internal linking refers to the practice of linking to other pages on your website. It helps search engines understand the structure of your website and can improve the ranking of individual pages.
5. Alt text. Alt text is used to describe the content of an image to search engines. It's important to include alt text on all of your images to improve the accessibility of your website and ensure that they are properly indexed by search engines.
In summary, if you want to improve the ranking of your website in search engine results, it's important to focus on on-page SEO. By including title tags, headings, meta descriptions, internal linking, and alt text on your website, you can increase the visibility and credibility of your site in the eyes of search engines and users alike.